HOW ARE RING SIZES MEASURED IN SOUTH AFRICA?
Various ring size systems are used all over the world. South Africa and the United Kingdom use the same system, while ring sizes in the US and Canada are measured on a different scale.
SOUTH AFRICAN / UK RING SIZING
Ring sizes are indicated by letters of the alphabet with half sizes in between. Each half size up represents an increase of 0.75 mm of the ring’s inside circumference.
HOW TO MEASURE YOUR RING SIZE AT HOME
If you want to know your ring size before placing an order there is an easy way of finding the perfect fit. Simply follow the steps below to measure your ideal ring’s inner circumference, then find the corresponding size from our ring size guide.
HOW TO MEASURE YOUR RING SIZE USING STRING
- Cut a piece of thin wire or non-stretchable string.
- Wrap the piece of wire or string around the finger where the ring will be worn, making sure it’s not too tight or too loose.
- Find the exact place where the wire or string completes the circle around your finger then use a marker to draw a line to mark the spot.
- To find the inner circumference of the ring, measure the “completed circle” piece of the wire or string with a ruler (in mm).
- Use the engagement ring size guide to convert the inner circumference measurements to your ideal ring size.
RING SIZING CHART
|INNER DIAMETER (mm)||INNER CIRCUMFERENCE (mm)||RING SIZES|